Veneers are the thin pieces of porcelain being cemented on the front of teeth in order to change the color and structure of teeth. It has a longer durability as it lasts for over 15 years. It has a color stability factor other than bonding and it has higher resistance from the permanent staining caused by tea, coffee or even smoking. It can also be stated that veneer is an artificial covering placed over the surface of teeth. It’s time to take a look at the varied characteristics of the veeners:
Below are types of Veneer
There are two types of veneer:
- Porcelain Veneer
- Composite Veneer
Features of Porcelain and Composite Veneer:
- The composite veneer is in-built in nature, but, the porcelain veneer is different.
- Both the veneers composite and porcelain look similar in the structure.
- The porcelain veneer is expensive as that of the composite veneer.
- The porcelain is designed with a higher durability and strength as compared to the porcelain veneers.
Mechanism of Veneers:
The veneers’ treatment is needed in the following conditions:
- To improve the color, shape and the positioning of front teeth.
- To close small gaps between front teeth.
- It is effective for the discoloration of teeth to restore the original color.
- They are used for treating the slightly fractured tooth.
- It is used for root canal treated tooth.
Pros of Dental Veneers:
Improves Appearance of Teeth:
Whether you are facing the problem of the discolored, broken or the gapped teeth, the dental veneers can cover these issues up precisely. They will even lend an improved appearance to your teeth. With the help of this treatment, your smile gets improved smile.
Do not Irritate Gums:
The moving and scraping activity can get the braces stick on to your gums! This gives you an uneasy feeling. Thus, the porcelain dental veneers are highly smooth and do not irritate the gums.
Resists the Stains:
The veneers are stain resistance as compared to the resin composites. They remain white and clean exactly the way they were received.
Various Shades of White:
The veneers are available in the variety of the shades of white color. These shades not only make the teeth look original in their appearance, but, also help them stay whiter than their natural look.
Less Painful than Crowns:
The dental veneers seems to be a less painful option to improve the appearance of teeth as compared to the crowns. The dental crowns west orange requires a lot of shaping around the teeth. This results in grinding away at teeth and indeed prove to be robust than crowns.
Cons of the Veneers:
- This might prove to be a highly expensive dental procedure.
- The process of the veneers is not reversible.
- The veneers are fragile in nature.
- The application of veneers can cause tooth sensitivity.
- The original color of the teeth may change after the process.
- It causes debonding of veneer on munching over hard food-stuff.
- Use of front teeth for biting hard food may be restricted.
- The treatment of veneers may lead to decayed teeth.
- Individuals having unhealthy teeth must avoid this process.